Monday, August 8, 2011

Rockboard Scooter: Better than a rocket!


Sometimes, when a package comes to my house, it goes unnoticed. The boys don't even care when FedEx or UPS pulls up anymore. Usually. Sometimes, it's like they have a sixth sense, and they instinctively  know that a package is for them..

When the Rockboard Scooter arrived at our house, it came in a (giant!) plain cardboard box. No pictures at all. It had the words "Rockboard Scooter" on the side.. My budding little reader decided he was going to figure out what was inside.. He got as far as "R-O-C-K", and he had it all figured out! 

"A Rocket!!!! Mom, you got us a rocket!? Wow, that's awesome! Are we gonna go to space? That's awesome... It's kind of small for a rocket... Are you gonna put it together?" Oh, my sweet little Tater. A genius, is what you are! ;)

Little did Tater know, what was inside that big box, was WAY cooler than a rocket! It was, my friends, a Rockboard Scooter, only the coolest scooter on the planet! 
Doesn't it just look awesome!? 

The second I saw the Rockboard Scooter, I knew I had to get one for Tater. Lucky for me, they were happy to let me review one! Otherwise, it would have been (yet another toy) added to Santa's ever-growing list!
Here's what the website says:

The biggest difference between the Rockboard Scooter and all others is the fact that the Rockboard is 2 scooters in 1! The advanced Rockboard technology allows you to shred the pavement in Rockboarding mode, or quickly transform your Rockboard Scooter into a low-profile kick scooter. The rear spring-enhanced suspension means the smoothest ride even on the most unforgiving pavement. With superior strength, and lightning quick dual-mode action adjustment, your new Rockboard Scooter means hours of insane fun! 
 I am not really sure how to explain this scooter to you guys, except that it is essentially two scooters in one. You can use it in "rockboarding mode", which is pretty awesome (Tater says it looks like surfing LOL), or you can use it as a regular kickboard scooter. Still not sure what I mean? Check out this YouTube video and you will see what all the fuss is about!






Get it? Told you it was awesome! As soon as we took it out of the box, Tater was having a complete freak out to try it out!! We received the original scooter, which is designed for ages 8 and up, and has a weight limit of 200 lbs. (Yep, that's right, mommy played on this toy! You know it!) Tater is a bit of a shrimp, and so this scooter was still a bit big for him. The Rockboard also comes in a Mini version, designed for ages 5 and up, and with a weight limit of 90 lbs. If I weren't so greedy, I would have asked for that one, but hey, mom wanted to ride it too! 

This is the Mini Rockboard

Tater is starting to get the hang of it, he can handle the regular kickboard mode, but rockboard mode is still a little difficult for him... It won't be long though.. I love that the Rockboard scooter folds up really nicely so that I can stash it in the trunk of my tiny car, so we can take it to the park.You should see all the kids checking out the Rockboard scooter! They all want to know where it came from, and they all want a turn on it!

This really is an awesome toy! I am so happy that we got to review one of these! It is very durable and  well-made, and I know that my boys will be enjoying this scooter for many years to come! Tater says it is even better than a rocket! Come on folks, better than a rocket?? That says it all ;). If you want to check out the Rockboard Scooter for yourself, just click here! 

disclosure: I received a sample product in order to conduct this review. Although a sample product was received all opinions are my own, and no monetary compensation was received. 

1 comment:

  1. The Rockboard scooter is a fantastic scooter for kids and adults. I have two mini scooters and the Rockboard leaves these two for dust when we go to the park.
    Micro scooter versus rockboard scooter? No competition plus the Micro scooter's have no brakes!!
    Rockboard scooters i agree are the next best thing to hit the streets and its a perfect birthday present for kids and adults!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails